Today, I am going to show you how you can host a very productive book promotion that will allow customers to download your kindle book for free, or at a discounted price, for any duration of time, and the quantity amount of individual downloads you desire, without applying for the amazon-book-lending KDP-Select program. If you can drive more sales to your Kindle edition by getting others to give it as a gift, the rank for your book’s sales page will improve and will ultimately lead to more visibility on Amazon, thus increasing your overall sales.
With this practice, you'd be able to create a promo code like the one shown below that can be applied to each of your published book/eBook. Better yet, your giveaway will be publicly displayed for all Amazon visitors at https://www.amazon.com/ga/giveaways.
Creating a PromotionTo create a self-sponsored promotion or sell your own products (autographed-books, tee-spring etc) through amazon, you would need to create a seller-central account here, http://services.amazon.com (the first month is free).
In your seller account account, under the Advertising link, click Promotions. And then click Create for the promotion type you want to offer.
To create a promotion:
Step 1: Conditions
- Buyer purchases: Select the customer purchase threshold that will qualify for the promotion from the drop-down list.
- At least this quantity of items: Promotion applies when a customer purchases at least X eligible items in a single order. You must enter a whole number.
- At least amount (in $): Promotion applies when a customer spends $X or more on eligible items in a single order.
- For every quantity of items purchased: Promotion applies to every X units when a customer purchases eligible items in a single order. This option is only available for the Money Off and Buy One Get One promotion types.
- Purchased Items: Select a product list.
- To create a new list, click Create a new product selection. For more information, see Product Selection Lists for Promotions.
- To select a list that is not included in the drop-down list, choose Select another.
- To select every item in your inventory, select Entire catalog.
- Buyer gets:
- Money Off: Select an option from the drop-down list.
- Percent off
- Amount off (in $)
- Fixed price for all items (in $): Promotion gives customers a fixed price for all X units of eligible items purchased in a single order. This option is only available when the promotion is set as "Buyer purchases for every quantity of items purchased."
- Buy One Get One: Use the default option of Free items.
- External Benefits: Use the default option of Post-order benefits.
- Money Off: Select an option from the drop-down list.
- Applies to:
- Money Off: If you select Qualifying Item, click Select an ASIN to search for the applicable item.
- Buy One Get One: If you select Qualifying Item, click Select an ASIN to search for the applicable item. Set the quantity of the additional item that will be free when the promotion applies.
- External Benefits: Use the default option of Purchased Items.
- Advanced Options:
- Tiers (for Money Off only): Create stackable promotions that will apply in increasing order. You can create up to 9 tiers. For example, buy 5 items and get $5 off, and buy $10 items and get $10 off. If you select Applies to Qualifying Item, tiers will not be available as an option.
- Exclude Items: Select a product list to exclude from the promotion. To select a list that is not included in the drop-down list, choose Select another.
- Date Range: Set the start and end date and time.
The start date and time must be at least 4 hours in the future.
- Identifier: Create an internal description and Tracking ID.
The Tracking ID does not appear when buyers redeem a promotion offer. It exists for your use only.
- Claim code: Select Claim code to require that a claim code be used to redeem the promotion. Click Claim code to expand the setting options.
- One redemption per customer: Select this option to limit the claim code to be redeemed only once by a customer.
- Claim code: Click Suggest a code to generate a random claim code or enter a custom claim code. For more information, see Claim Codes and Combinability.
Note: Promotion Manager saves claim codes in upper-case letters and converts the numbers 0 (zero) and 1 (one) to upper-case letters O and I. This offers customers increased flexibility when entering claim codes. For example, customer entry of claim code "top10tix" or "TOPIOTIX" will both be accepted at checkout.
- Claim Code Combinability: Select how you want to allow claim codes to be combined from multiple promotions.
- Customize messaging: Create and/or customize the required and optional messaging types, including Terms & Conditions, and set the display precedence. Click Customize messaging to expand the setting options.After you complete the information for the promotion, click Review. On the Review Promotion page, review the information for your promotion. To make any changes, click Back. To finish creating your promotion, click Submit.
- Checkout confirmation text (for External Benefits only): This message will display at the top of the checkout page to describe the benefits a customer will receive after purchase.
- Checkout display text: The default text is Promotion Applied and will display on the checkout page.
- Short display text: Provide text to display on the product detail page and in search results. This text will only display for Featured Merchants who win the Buy Box.
- Detail page display text: Select this option to display the promotion message in the Promotions and Special Offers section on the product detail page. This text will only display for Featured Merchants who win the Buy Box.
- Purchased items display text: This text will be used as the Standard text option for Detail page display text.
- Detail page display text: Select the standard text, which is populated with the Purchased items display text, or enter custom text. Be sure your custom text is clear and accurate to help customers understand the promotion.
- Display precedence: This number governs the order of your promotions on the product detail page, in case you offer multiple promotions for the same item.
Buy 10 reams of paper, and save 20%.
Buy 30 reams of paper, and save 50%.
Note: Tiers are not an available option for External Benefits and Buy One Get One promotions.To create a tiered Money Off promotion, follow these steps:
- In Step 1, expand Advanced Options.
- To add a tier, click Add Tier.
- Enter the second tier quantities.
- Repeat as many times as you want.
- To remove a tier, click Remove Tier.
Have a good day.